In September 2018, the Central California Soaring Association Inc., a 501(c)(3) corporation based at CA69 in Avenal California, established a Youth XC Scholarship with a generous donation from SSA Region 11 Director Jay McDaniel.
The future success of this scholarship will depend on continued support from donors interested in advancing cross country soaring in the region. If you are interested in making a donation, you can find more information in the attached document or by emailing the CCSA Treasurer. firstname.lastname@example.org
The application for the scholarship is attached and can be downloaded directly here. Applications are due by January 7th, 2019. I am extending the application deadline by one week since I'm late on this announcement.
The CCSA Scholarship Committee looks forward to awarding two scholarships in early 2019. Just in time for the spring soaring season.
Scholarship Committee Chairperson
- Pilots must be under age 23 on 1 January of year to be used
- Must have at least a private pilot certificate with a rating in gliders
- Must have completed the SSA Bronze Badge
- Must have at least 25hrs PIC in gliders
- Must have access to a cross country capable glider, trailer and tow vehicle
- Must not have any OLC flights in excess of 250km
- Open to SSA Region 11 and Region 12 pilots
- $250 towards instructor fees, tows, equipment and required books to further XC Soaring knowledge and experience.
- Money will be held in a CCSA account. Upon receipt of award, a credit will be established in scholarship recipients’ name. CCSA will pay eligible expenses up to the amount of the award credit.
- Balance of the credit must be used within one year from when the scholarship is awarded.
- Unused portion of the credit after one year will be available in the scholarship fund for future recipients.
- The Scholarship recipient shall provide a quarterly report on his / her progress and experience which may be shared with the SSA and potentially published in Soaring magazine or other media.
- Financial need
- Actively enrolled students in accredited institutions
- Demonstrated commitment to the soaring community
- Region 11 pilots
CCSA will announce the availability of the scholarship applications by December 1 of each year. Applications will be due by January 1st. The recipient will be selected by the CCSA XC Scholarship Committee by January 31st. The recipient will be notified of his or her selection within 15 days of the Committee having made the selection, or at the CCSA Annual Membership Meeting, whichever occurs first. The form of application is attached.
Completed applications to be submitted via: